Elkhart, Indiana Jobs
Secondary School Teacher Jobs
Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Jobs
MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
- Provides direct patient care according to nursing department policy and physician orders and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse assigned to those patients. Assignments will be provided to enhance the learning experiences.
Direct Patient Care
- MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect with heart.
- VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
- SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on their team.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy in application of the nursing process to level of academic preparation.
- Demonstrates organizational skills in the care of multiple patients.
- Performs treatments and procedures according to nursing department policy and physician orders.
- Takes initiative to observe Registered Nurses completing nursing interventions and physician orders.
- Anticipates needs of patients and reports promptly to direct care RN.
- Assists RN's with procedures, examinations and/or treatments.
- Makes rounds with RN or physician and observes outcomes/information as directed by RN.
- Accurately measures and documents intake and output in a timely manner.
- Takes vital signs, documents, and reports abnormal in a timely manner.
- Obtains and documents blood sugar readings.
- Obtains and documents heights and weights.
- Picks up and delivers blood products per policy.
- Appropriately collects and delivers specimens.
- Obtains needed patient care items.
Support of Unit Activities
- Provides thorough and accurate documentation of patient information in the medical record for assigned patients.
- Follows Hospital policies and procedures for documentation.
- Contributes ideas for writing, revising, implementing and evaluating patient care plans under direct supervision of RN.
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department
- Assists in meeting needs of all patients on the unit by answering lights, assisting other staff with patient care, etc.
- Participates in ongoing unit educational activities and staff meetings.
- Provides accurate shift report.
- Reports patient changes and needs to appropriate associate.
- Responds promptly to patient, family and unit needs. Responds in emergency situations and assists as directed.
- Provides clear, effective, compassionate communication.
- Understands scope of practice when communicating with others.
- Completes other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
Associate complies with the following organizational requirements:
- Attends and participates in department meetings and is accountable for all information shared.
- Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department specific education within established timeframes.
- Completes annual Education and Experience
Knowledge & Skills
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of Some College or Vocational Training. Completion of Med-Surg or Pediatric rotation in an accredited RN preparatory program (Documented by college transcript). Experience preferred. Letter of reference from a clinical instructor required.
- Basic knowledge of general nursing principles, practice, methods, and documentation.
- Awareness of own limitations and accountability in assuring quality patient care.
- Demonstrates concern for patients, visitors, and co-workers through awareness.
- Is cognizant of the effect of communication on patients, co-workers, and demonstrates sensitivity.
- Contributes to team effort through offering assistance as needed, and fostering effective harmonious communication.
- Requires the analytical skills necessary to verbalize previously learned materials in new/concrete situations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of commitment to organization's mission, vision and values.
- Moderate degree of mental stress due to multiple demands and interpersonal relationships.
- Potential hazards due to exposure to patients with infectious diseases.
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, walking or standing.
Job ID: 1424019284118983840