What you'll do...
Landscape Supervisors oversee both the Landscape project plan and the team members who implement it. Must be well-versed in the life cycles and care requirements of plants, as well as competent in the use of equipment, tools and crew management required to complete the job. Must have a background in grounds/landscaping and knowledge of grasses, horticulture, and plant health and care.
- Meet regularly with Store Management to define property’s exterior services needs, including turf, ornamental plants, ground cover, irrigation, lighting and mulch
- Conduct daily grounds inspections by walking the properties with attention to detail in overseeing the grounds and landscaping operations
- Supervision & scheduling of workers who install and maintain landscaping
- Ensure all safety and training requirements are met and adhered to by workers for the safe operation of equipment and handling of hazardous materials
- Manage 3rd party contractors who would conduct any work outside the normal scope of internal team members
- Maintain and oversee DOT requirements for self and team members
- 2-5 years of landscaping/grounds experience
- 2 plus years of Supervisory experience
- Licensing – Hold or obtain any certification or licensing as required by the specific state, city, or county for hazardous work such as pesticide or herbicide application
- Hold or acquire DOT license and certification
Preferred Work Experience:
- 5-7 years of Landscaping Experience
- 2 Year accredited college course completion covering soil science, horticulture, weed management, and landscape design
- BA Degree in Horticulture or related field
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field OR 2 years’ experience in facilities maintenance or related area.
Must be able to obtain and maintain DOT certification, meeting all health, safety and driving record qualifications required by the Department of Transportation.
*Walmart will cover costs associated with DOT certification.
Must be able to uphold and abide by all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), including but not limited to compliance with safe work practices, policies, processes and adhering to Walmart Safety Policies.
Must be able to follow all Federal, State and Local Municipality laws and regulations.
Must be willing/able to utilize DOT certification to drive a company vehicle to transport landscaping equipment and crews to job site(s).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Project management experience, Supervisory experience
5455 ATLANTA HWY, ALPHARETTA, GA 30004-2928, United States of America