Supervisory Air Traffic Control Specialist (MSS-2, Level 10...
Help Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
• US Citizenship is required.
• Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959...
• Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents)
• Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
• Must submit first page of FAA Form 3330-43 (See Required Documents)
• Required to maintain operational currency and medical clearance.
To qualify for this position you:
• Must have held an FAA 2152 FV-J/FG-14 or above regional or headquarters position for at least 1 year (52 weeks);
• Must have been facility rated or area certified for at least 1 year (52 weeks) in an ATS facility; (NOTE: An employee who has been facility rated or area certified for at least 1 year (52 weeks) in an ATS facility that is upgraded is considered to meet the qualification requirements of the upgraded position, since he/she has been performing the higher-graded work);
• Must have held a MSS position for at least 1 year (52 weeks) in an ATS facility.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Preview Job Questionnaire
Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies. www.faa.gov/jobs/working_here/financial_disclosure_requirements
The U.S. Department of Transportation strives to ensure that equity, transparency, accountability, collaboration, and communication permeate all that we do for the betterment of the Department, the traveling public, and our nation. As such, DOT values a highly diverse workforce of persons who promote a culture of belonging by respecting the personal dignity and worth of each individual and fostering a positive environment where all feel safe and welcome. If these commitments coincide with your personal ideals and professional aspirations, please consider joining the DOT family.
This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative, the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of KSA narratives from the initial application in the hiring process. Applicants for this announcement are NOT req’d to provide a narrative response in the Leadership and Management Dimensions
In lieu of narrative responses in the Leadership and Management Dimension text boxes, please include information in your work history that provides specific examples of how you meet the answer you chose for each. Work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
Career Enhancement/Progression: In accordance with HRPM EMP 1.29/1.29a, this position may be a Career Enhancement Assignment/Career Progression. The selectee(s) may be eligible for pay retention. Career Diversity is not enhanced when an employee is assigned to a staff or supervisory position that they previously held on a permanent basis. CEP/CP selectees will be req’d to certify eligibility.
Supervisory/Managerial Probationary Period Requirement: A 1-year supervisor/managerial probationary period may be req’d.
Interview Policy: Some, all or none of the candidates may be interviewed.
This position requires completion and favorable adjudication of a National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI) background investigation prior to appointment, unless waiver is obtained.
Position is covered under PL 92-297 for ATC early retirement.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA
• Help Help A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered