Supervisory Air Traffic Control Specialist, Operations Supervisor
• SummaryServes as an Operations Supervisor in a terminal or en route facility, responsible for planning and directing operations within delegated areas of responsibility.
• Provides first line supervision to a team of Developmental and Certified Professional Controllers.
• The travel may be for training or other work-related duties...
• Relocation expenses reimbursedYes
• Fully-Paid PCS - Permanent Change of Station - In accordance with applicable FAA Travel regulations, full relocation will be paid (actual expenses).
• Relocation expenses paid are subject to applicable taxes.
• Clarification from the agencyOpen to current permanent FAA Employees - FAA WideHelpDutiesSupervises a staff of air traffic control specialists who is responsible for carrying out air traffic control assignments within a geographic area.
• Plans and assigns work to be accomplished by subordinate employees.
• Sets work priorities and schedules.
• Approves leave; gives advice, counsel, and instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
• Evaluates performance of employees and recommends performance ratings.
• Hears and resolves complaints from employees and refers group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level manager.
• Identifies and arranges for developmental and other training needs of employees.
• Finds ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work directed.
• Adjusts staffing levels and work procedures to accommodate resource decisions made at higher levels.
• Recommends goals and objectives for the area and tracks accomplishments.
• Communicates and reinforces diversity and EEO policies and programs in all areas of responsibilities, including selection, training, and transfers.
• Supports and participates in the labor management partnership process, and fosters a work environment where all employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
• The Operations Supervisor reports to the Air Traffic Manager.
• Performance is evaluated upon the effectiveness with which assigned program objectives are achieved.
• HelpRequirementsConditions of EmploymentUS Citizenship is required.
• Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
• Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents)Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
• Selection and placement are contingent upon waiver or completion of satisfactory security/medical requirements.
• All first time supervisors/managers must serve a 1-year probationary period.
• Those who are not successful, may be reassigned to a non-supervisory position or may be returned to a position equivalent to the one held prior to the selection.
• QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.NOTE: There are no restrictions on who can apply to MSS vacancies at those facilities with 3 or less MSS levels.
• Some, all, or none of the candidates may be interviewed.
• Preview Job QuestionnaireMake sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
• Additional informationWe may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
• Position may be subject to a background investigation.
• A one-year probationary period may be required.
• The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty.
• FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
• As such, DOT values a highly diverse workforce of persons who promote a culture of belonging by respecting the personal dignity and worth of each individual and fostering a positive environment where all feel safe and welcome.
• If these commitments coincide with your personal ideals and professional aspirations, please consider joining the DOT family.
• This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
• Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening.
• Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
• As part of the Federal Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills, and Ability (KSA) narratives, including the Managerial Selection Factors (MSF), from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements.
• Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each MSF.In lieu of providing a narrative response in the text box listed below each MSF, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you choose for each MSF. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability.
• The selectee(s) may be eligible for pay retention.
• Career Diversity is not enhanced when an employee is assigned to a staff or supervisory position in which they previously held on a permanent basis.
• CEP/CP selectee(s) will be required to certify eligibility.
• This is not a bargaining unit position.
• Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read moreHelpA career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
• HelpA career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
• As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
• Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
• Review our benefitsEligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent.
• Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
• How You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
• IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s).
• All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated.
• Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
• As a new or existing federal employee, you and your family may have access to a range of benefits.
• Your benefits depend on the type of position you have - whether you're a permanent, part-time, temporary or an intermittent employee.
• You may be eligible for the following benefits, however, check with your agency to make sure you're eligible under their policies.
• Applicants must complete and submit the first page of FAA Form 3330-43, Rating of Air Traffic Experience with their bid.
• The form must include from and to dates of experience, position, title, series and grade/level of all positions held.
• The form must be submitted either by uploading a copy as an attachment to your Aviator application through USAJOBS or fax the form to 781-238-7283 by the closing date of this announcement.
• NOTE: Applicants are reminded that FAA Form 3330-43 is required and NOT FAA Form 3330-43-1.
• Failure to submit an electronic application via Aviator and the required documentation (e.g. SF-50) via Aviator or Fax, by the closing date of this announcement, will result in ineligibility for the position.
• If you are an FAA employee, you MUST provide a copy of your SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) containing information in Blocks 15, 17, 18, 19, 22, and 24 so it can be used to verify your position title, series, grade, tenure, and organization of record by the closing date of the announcement.
• You may fax your SF-50 or upload it into the on-line application.
• If faxing the SF-50, please ensure you include the vacancy announcement number on the faxed copy.
• Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees fromschools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
• Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating