Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Come see what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced systems – Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems. You'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Missions Systems product line, as part of the C4ISR business unit within the Electronics Systems (ES) sector of BAE Systems, is seeking a qualified candidate to be a member of the Software Configuration Management Team. Because of the needs of this role, work must be conducted at a BAE systems facility.
Under supervision, the successful candidate will be responsible for executing all SCM activities per the Configuration Data Management Plan and BAE Systems policies and procedures. The SCM will establish and manage software repositories using designated SCM tools for software version and baseline control, using BAE Systems procedures. They will perform and document all required software builds to ensure reproducible software configuration baselines and deliveries. They will execute release and change control functions using the SCM tools in order to ensure software product integrity and meet program schedules.
The SCM will generate and maintain all necessary program software development, release and change records, including status accounting records. They will perform SCM Configuration Control Board activities including establishing the agenda, recording approvals/non-approvals, and publishing and maintaining action items lists.
The SCM will develop proficiency in the use of the assigned SCM tools, and comprehensive knowledge of company software configuration management processes and standards. They will stay current with industry standards and technology.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth in typical job responsibilities listed above.
- Act as a mentor within the organization on SCM processes and procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers;
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents;
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule;
- Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.)
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity,
as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience. Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years related experience with BS
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- US citizen eligible for a DoD security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- An active Secret clearance
- Two or more years related experience.
- Software Development and/or Build experience
- Solid knowledge of Software Configuration Management fundamentals
- Familiarity with SAE ANSI/EIA-649B Configuration Management Standards
- Experience working with government contracts
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently with little direction
- Experience with basic computer applications, databases, operating systems, and hardware.
- Experience with SCM tools such as Git, Jira, BitBucket, ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Experience with the performance of moderately complex systems administration tasks for these tools or for PCs
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.