- Develop and manage DODAF architecture/MBSE products and initiatives supporting Large Unmanned Surface Vessel (LUSV) in support of system engineering program development
- Review and analyze system requirements and identify impacts to the appropriate requirements and/or design specifications
- Support system specification updates and associated performance enhancements and interface development/upgrade efforts
- Maintenance of design traceability and design documentation
- Provide subject matter expertise and systems engineering to maintain system design alignment with external programs of record
- Identify integration issues and system requirements discrepancies across multiple systems
- Collaborate with other engineering teams with the planning , design, and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- Maintain system and software design in model-based systems engineering tool
- Participate in design working group and technical interchange meetings
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years + experience utilizing model-based systems and digital engineering processes, principles, techniques, and procedures in the development of DODAF architectures for naval systems
- Experience and knowledge in the development of architecture for AEGIS, Tomahawk, or VLS are preferred
- Expert knowledge of and ability with model-based systems engineering tools such as MagicDraw, Rhapsody, and/or other SysML modeling tools
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, or computer science. May consider other education or relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job and mission commitments demand. This position may be eligible for a modified Compressed Work Schedule (CWS) program.
Some occasional travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires a secret security clearance, at a minimum
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.