Progeny Systems Corporation
Progeny Systems Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Progeny Systems Corporation is a privately-held, high-tech small business focusing on software and hardware system integration, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are seeking an experienced Technical Writer to work in our Manassas, VA office
Experience with S1000D is necessary and knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is desired. Individuals with an Electronic Warfare background will receive special consideration.
Job duties include but are not limited to writing, editing and managing technical documentation for the creation of operator/maintenance Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM), associated curriculum and computer-based training for military systems and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Power Point), XMLSpy, Dreamweaver, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator
· Experience with S1000D is desired
· Experience with HTML, XHTML, XML is a must
· Familiarity with MIL-STDS, MIL-PRFS, MIL-HDBK, and SCORM requirements is a plus
· Have the ability to research, write and edit documentation for military and government programs
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to prepare program documentation for delivery in all formats (e.g. .doc, .PDF, HTML and XML/SGML-tagged on-line and interactive electronic technical manuals).
· Review and edit program documents for technical accuracy in accordance with all applicable documentation standards and style guides
· Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop thorough and accurate technical documents
· Preference will be given to candidates with the above skill sets who also possess an instructional design background
BS in communications or technical writing or 2 years Technical Writer experience in a military setting.
Must qualify to obtain a DoD security clearance
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at ***** or call *****. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)PI177487639
Job ID: 2934338679045468016