What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Technical Writer in Atlanta, GA.
The Technical Writer is responsible for developing and maintaining a wide variety of technical documentation to support the North American field organization with installation, modernization and service of elevators and escalators
- Work closely with development engineers, quality engineers, product management, release managers, and co-writers
- Cross-functional coordination with "subject matter experts", (i.e., engineers, technicians, writers, trainers and/or product management) to develop target technical content
- Working with assigned executives/managers (SME's) to develop, write, and edit engineering, manufacturing, logistics support, supply chain technical documentation.
- Analyze requirements of technical documentation projects, and develop project plans and timelines
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to stay accountable to deliverables and milestones.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, create and select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material and online simulation.
- Write, edit, index, or revise a variety of technical, user documentation such as product and service manuals, installation instructions/procedure, reports, and/or troubleshooting charts for use in external or internal company publications
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation
- Create, edit and maintain technical documentation for current and future applications (i.e., technical reference manuals)
- Upload and maintain technical documentation portfolio in content distribution/delivery systems
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions
- Provide leadership with project updates
- Strong technical skills with ability to quickly learn how the system works.
- Excellent technical writing skills to a non-technical and technical audience with the ability to write clearly as well as concisely with a great editorial eye.
- Pay attention to detail, excellent English skills and an expertise in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining high standards of accuracy and detail.
- Ability to maintain enthusiastic attention to detail with a high regard for quality, efficiency, and processes.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work previously described
Who we are looking for
- Education - Bachelor's Degree is required and software or hardware engineering knowledge or certification/ is considered a plus. At least 4 years of relevant Service Manual Documentation experience is strongly preferred. In lieu of a college degree, 5-7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Understanding of Agile Technical Writing Basics, Agile and or Addie methodologies.
- Understand the software development lifecycle(s) and contribute to finding ways to improve the development and deployment cycles of documentation.
- Adobe: FrameMaker, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative suite (photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Premier) Solid works (CAD software) and Camtasia.
- Must have experience with standard Microsoft Office products, publishing software, graphic development tools, and Window /XP/7/8 operating systems
- Software applications used for publishing are MS Suites, Adobe FrameMaker 12 (XML/DITA), Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Adobe InDesign CS5, MS Publisher, Image Rendering/CAD, SolidWorks
- For illustration work: Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator CS5, MS Paint, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop
- Other software applications: Microsoft Outlook, MS Access, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Your Benefits With Us