Company Generac Power Systems
Name Technical Writer I
Req # 60142
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry.
Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
The technical writer is responsible for creating, developing, writing, editing, and publishing technical documentation for the communication of subject matter while ensuring that project deadlines are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, write, and edit technical documentation such as owners manuals, installation manuals, service manuals, and bulletins for all product lines.
- Develop and publish technical and parts manuals in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop deadline-driven documentation that meets style guide requirements and user expectations.
- Meet with cross-functional team member to gather product information and translate it into accessible, user-friendly documentation.
- Gather information from other company publications to edit current publications.
- Work as a key part of corporate New Product Introduction team to ensure all relevant technical publications are available for the product at launch.
- Develop and publish to Generac.com all data to support the customer experience.
- Associates Degree in Technical Communications or related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year technical writing experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of XML coding
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Framemaker, and related programs
- Strong writing, editing, communication, and organizational skills
- Basic mechanical and electrical aptitude