The Teller is responsible for the disbursement, receipt, and deposit of cash and checks, over the counter, and through the express and night drops. This person must have excellent member service skills, a good knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures, as well as products, services and remote access channels offered by the Credit Union. All teller transactions should be provided in an accurate, friendly, professional, and timely manner to ensure quality services are being provided to the membership.
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
• Adhere to the Member Solutions Observable Behaviors, the Member Advantage program, and quality service standards.
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Performance Competencies and Information Protection Program.
• Respond to all member requests and inquiries in an efficient, effective manner.
• Ensure that all members receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional service and that member concerns/complaints are resolved promptly.
• Properly administer cash withdrawal and check cashing limits.
• Maintain a general knowledge of all products and services offered by the Credit Union as well as a general knowledge of job functions within each department of the Credit Union.
• Have a thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations governing transactions and U.S. Savings Bonds.
• Seek to “deepen member relationships” by asking the right questions and determining the right product fit to expand the number of accounts and services utilized by members.
• Promote and effectively demonstrate remote access channels to members.
• Rotate between lobby, drive-up and the Member Services Information desk.
• Mentor new employees during and after their initial training.
• Make recommendations to leadership of any process or procedure needing revision or updating.
• Assist in developing new member relationships through business development activities, community involvement and existing member referrals by providing excellent service. Actively participate in sales and service activities and goals.
• Seek developmental opportunities for professional growth. Participate in ongoing coaching, job shadowing, mentoring and training to develop and enhance performance.
• Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
• For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Review robbery procedures on a regular basis and have a thorough knowledge of these procedures.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of one year of customer service experience required.
• Teller or cash handling experience preferred.
• Good organizational and clerical skills, including calculator and light keyboarding.
• Proficient math skills, with the ability to process account transactions accurately.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Good verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
• Good interpersonal skills to ensure member concerns are handled in a professional manner.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
• Ability to work a shifting/flexible schedule; this requires evenings, nights or weekends.
• Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives and goals.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Successful completion of in-house teller training program.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Company DescriptionFrom our very beginning, BECU has been about people helping people. As a financial services cooperative, our purpose has and always will be the same: we work together to best serve our members and improve the financial well-being of our community. More than 80 years and one million members later, we're still rooted in our values, practices and mission - and even more passionate about our future.
As one of the nation's leading credit unions, we're not driven by profit. We're owned by our members and their interests are at the core of everything we do. Now we're growing faster than ever before--but we'll never forget our roots. To continue doing right by our members, we believe we must first do right by our people. Here, you'll receive the resources and support you need to learn, grow and build a meaningful career. Because we know it's our people who make us special