Maxar is looking to add a Test and Evaluation (T&E) Engineer to our team to support a customer who has a fast-paced and exciting mission within the Intelligence Community. This position will support stand-alone and integrated network and communication architectures for advanced technical missions.
Life with Us
The Test and Evaluation Engineer will work independently and as part of a cross-functional team comprised of technical experts supporting an established and growing Intelligence Community (IC) mission. You will need to quickly understand complex technical concepts, make assessments, and articulate your recommendations to the customer. Previous experience working on-site to support the DoD and the intelligence community is highly desirable.
Maxar is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data, and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence.
Maxar offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation, and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account and tuition assistance. Maxar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Day-to-Day with your Colleagues:
The Test and Evaluation Engineer will be asked to provide technical expertise to support a variety of tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Stand-alone and integrated network and communication architectures for command, control, and data transmission of developmental technical capabilities.
- Advise on and provide custom electronics and technology solutions in support of critical special communication capability gaps and emerging operational requirements.
- Support the integration of capabilities, updates/upgrades, data sources, dissemination paths, and extensible API development.
- Support fieldsets, legacy field devices, and emerging transceiver technologies.
- Evaluate current and future requirements from system operators for integration into operational users’ Concept of Operations (CONOPS).
- Support research and development of test and evaluation strategies, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Draft, coordinate and implement test/evaluation strategies, master plans, test plans and test reports.
- Support development of test metrics (e.g., critical technical parameters, measures of effectiveness, measures of performance, and critical operational issues).
- Identify, maintain, and schedule test resources (e.g., facilities, ranges, equipment, and material.
- Lead and/or support test preparation, execution, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Must have active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 5 years of professional experience working in T&E Engineering
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience working on-site at a customer location.
- Experience working in DOD / IC.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical analyses at a level comprehensible to non-technical audiences and senior-level government representatives.
- Expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Certified at DA WIA Level II or equivalent in the test and evaluation functional area.
- Test engineer experience in support of DoD.
- Knowledge of DoD and industry test facility capabilities and their testing protocols/procedures.
- Significant experience conducting and documenting system/sensor tests.
- Understanding of mobile telephony – theory, infrastructure, protocols.
- Understanding of wireless and network communications – theory, infrastructure, and protocols.
- Understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) communications, bands, and protocols.
All Maxar U.S. employees and international employees who work in the U.S. and visit Maxar sites must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022, except in cases where legally entitled to an exception.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.