Testing and Assessment Center Supervisor
Requisition Number: 44214
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 30-Nov-2022
Date Posted: 07-Nov-2022
The CU Boulder Bookstore is encouraging applications for a Testing and Assessment Center Supervisor! This role supervises all aspects of customer service to professors, Teaching Assistants and other departmental liaisons related to exam grading, survey processing and electronic grade-book management. The incumbent is also responsible for administrative duties such as filing, billing and business correspondence, and performing routine operational maintenance on scanners, printers and shredders. Other responsibilities may include answering customer questions, assisting with scanning options, collecting payment information, billing using NetSuite. The role will oversee student employees and train new employees.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The CU Book Store offers a convenient place for students to prepare for classes with a large textbook department featuring rental, used and new textbooks as well as custom published materials and required course supplies.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Responsible for clearly answering customer queries in person, on the phone and by e-mail in a friendly and professional manner. Accurately record information when exams and surveys are presented for processing, ensuring that proper keys are provided, and all details are correct. Handle special or problematic questions and inquiries.
- Provide guidance in Canvas (Learning Management System) to faculty and instructors.
- Develop the training program for new student employees, including job procedures, and in following university and department guidelines. This position supervises production.
- Score exams, research, and administrative surveys. Create procedures to access various post processing programs to create data sets, excel files, frequency distributions, and item analysis. Send the appropriate reports to the customer (professor/teacher and Teaching Assistants). Create the assignment, regrade and upload the exam score to the University Gradebook.
- Maintain NetSuite and spreadsheets to accurately bill customers for services rendered. Coordinate with accounting staff to process payments to the correct department and speed type. Promptly answer customer questions regarding billing. Work with multiple software programs.
- Arrange pickup and delivery of exams to the department as requested.
- May serve as Team Lead in projects and developing special reporting (e.g. student exam statistics), representing and promoting the Testing and Assessment Center at campus events and committees (e.g. Field Day, Instructor Orientation, Classroom Training, OIT), and working with other CU Book Store Academic Resource department projects.
- Complete PDQs and manage performance reviews for employees of the Testing and Assessment Center. Plan and conduct coaching reviews for FTE's and plans for student employees. Manage the scheduling of employees, the review and approval of time off requests, and approve all reported time.
What You Should Know
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- This is a full-time, in-person position.
What We Can Offer
- The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $43,000 per year.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be adaptable. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- 2 years of administrative or clerical experience, or educational equivalent.
What You Will Need
- Attention to detail.
- Computer and typing skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Previous leadership experience.
- 1 year of customer service experience.
- Familiarity with Apperson, Gradescope, or other grading software packages.
- Familiarity with NetSuite.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by November 30, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Testing-and-Assessment-Center-Supervisor/44214
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency