Note: This job announcement may be used to fill future full-time Training Specialist I vacancies.
Hourly Rate: The selected applicant's starting hourly rate will be in the minimum to midpoint range ($23.9778 - $31.9704) of the advertised compensation range. Are you willing and able to accept a potential offer within the aforementioned range if selected for the position? (Note: Promotional rules apply for current Fairfax County Government and Fairfax County Public Schools employees.)
Schedule: Scheduling flexibility is imperative. Occasional overtime may be required
To learn more about a career with Fairfax County Public Library, watch our video "Library Staff Share Why They Love Working at the Library"
- Presents or coordinates the presentation of various training modules such as supervisory development, staff skills training, Zenger-Miller and other programs either independently or as a member of a team;
- Researches available training programs and seminars;
- Coordinates development of program materials;
- Participates in the cataloging of courses and where appropriate, coordinates their presentation;
- Facilitates small group sessions and assists in facilitation of team-building exercises;
- Researches new training technologies and technology-based training programs;
- Collects and assists in the analysis of evaluations of training programs;
- Develops and maintains a knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to present training programs;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with peers and other county employees;
- Ability to keep abreast of changing education/training technology.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for “Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to”)
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in education, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field; plus one year of professional experience in needs assessments, facilitating team-building exercises, course evaluation analyses, and/or course development and course delivery.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Valid driver's license.
Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience facilitating meetings and trainings in person and online using videoconferencing platforms; experience working with eLearning authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and Articulate. Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suites to include Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs may be subject to a weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.
- The appointee to the position must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and driving record check.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must have ability to travel to various work sites throughout Fairfax County.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.
Visual acuity is required to read data on computer monitor. Must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Ability to lift up to 15 pounds. Must have ability to move chairs and tables for set-up of training All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include an oral and/or written exercise.
Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact ***** for assistance. TTY *****. EEO/AA/TTY.