In Gilbert, we are shaping a new tomorrow, today. We hire people who share our aspiration to be driven, kind, bold, and humble. Join Team Gilbert, and help us shape a new tomorrow, today: https://youtu.be/ftB0lKDltvcThe Gilbert Fire & Rescue Department has an exciting opportunity for Transportation Paramedics to join the team! This job offers varied activities, simultaneous projects, in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers emergency medical care utilizing accepted guidelines of basic and advanced life support procedures, and in accordance with Arizona laws, Arizona Department of Health Services rules and regulations, regional protocols, Fire and Rescue Department policies and procedures and base station medical direction.
- Examines victims and communicates physical assessment findings to base hospital physicians.
- Administers IVs and injections.
- Performs CPR, endotracheal intubation and other advanced airway procedures, applies splints, backboards and cervical collars.
- Inventories medical and drug supplies and prepares emergency medical services reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Drives/operates Fire and Rescue transportation vehicles; operates a variety of equipment including suction units, pulse oximeters, laryngoscopes, cardiac monitors, defibrillators, oxygen administration equipment, and mobile radios.
- Participates in emergency medical services training programs, community service/public safety education events and other related programs.
- Supports firefighting crews in performing non-firefighting related duties (e.g. rehabilitation sector, medical assistance, et.); develops an understanding of emergency scene operations and Incident Command System.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are someone who...
- Delivers high-quality service. You have drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results necessary for successful job performance.
- Brings accountability to work. While the pace of the work is faster than average, you never compromise quality.
- Is concerned with accuracy. The duties of this job require a high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire.
- To be eligible, incumbents cannot be on the Office of Inspector General (OIG) list of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE).
- Valid Arizona Driver's License by hire date.
- Possess a current Arizona Emergency Paramedic Certification or National Registry Paramedic at the time of application.
- Possess current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from American Heart Association (AHA) or American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) , Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications at the time of application.
Join Team Gilbert and make an income while making an impact! If you are looking for an opportunity to make a visible contribution to our community, and get excited about doing interesting work that matters, then why not click that “Apply” button at the top there? We can’t think of a better place to put your talents to work.
Let’s get this adventure started!