This is an Operations position responsible for supervising and directing the activities associated with delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, collaborative direction to delivery supervisory staff, specific direction to drivers, routing, safety, and compliance.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of delivery associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Analyzes live and historical data to ensure accuracy for maintaining optimal delivery plans and on-time customer service.
- Supervises labor hours and directs labor activities to stay within budget. Recommends work schedules including stop changes, classification changes, customer open/close times, and window expectations, and provides to the appropriate person for necessary changes.
- Supervises the proper selection utilization of company assets in support of the delivery department. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews delivery productivity reporting to the appropriate supervisor for review and determination. Suggests efficiency ideas, and cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of delivery changes.
- Interprets, trains, and consistently applies company policies, protocols, and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, performance expectations, safe work methods, etc.
- Communications with sales management via email and maintains current communication board data to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities/issues.
- Communications proactively with drivers and directs activities to ensure successful adherence to daily delivery schedules and department performance goals and overtime objectives.
- Coordinates efforts with Transportation Road Supervisors and with Safety Trainers to ensure consistent training, conducting associate observations, updating preferred work methods, timely accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required based on a consistent review of performance data metrics.
- Ability to keyboard proficiently. Utilize canned reporting. Create specific ad hoc reports to identify areas for improvement. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word PowerPoint as well as numerous variants.
1. Demonstrates willingness to accept challenges and added responsibility.
2. Completes tasks in a manner that meets all established timelines and accuracy requirements.
3. Demonstrates the ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
4. Quality and safety functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
5. Receives consistent, positive feedback from internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations.
- Current Microsoft Office Applications: Excel, Word and Access skills necessary.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, Distribution Centers, and Corporate in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely, and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, and practices and complying with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have excellent computer skills - Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn other UNFI operations technology software and programs. Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/ DEMANDS:
- Some travel may be required.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephones, and other office equipment in the course of a normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in the completion of job duties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.