Position Summary Details
The Trash Technician position provides the cleaning and upkeep of an assigned area.
- Collects, transports, and properly disposes of trash and bio-hazardous materials following established safety protocols.
- Cleans and maintains buildings/facilities. Performs heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- Notifies managers concerning the need for minor or major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with clients, co-workers, shift coordinators, supervisors, managers, etc.
- Complies with all safety, security, compliance, and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, Clients, and regulatory authorities
- The trash technician must be flexible and willing to complete all assigned tasks.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Sometimes using ladders, dust and washes furniture, walls, machines, and equipment; cleans ceilings and dust and polishes light fixtures. Washes and replaces blinds
- Periodically cleans overhead vents, dusts blinds, and polishes wood furniture
- Cleans interior partition glass, windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
- Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
- Must keep janitor’s closet neat and orderly and maintain equipment in good working order
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and possibly checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created
- Drives vehicles (if required) to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners
- May be expected to make essential repairs
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Customer Service Experience
- 1 yr of similar work experienc