What you'll do...
Position Summary... What You'll Do...
Manager I, Global Shared Services is responsible for pulling and analyzing data related to the On Time and Full (OTIF) and helping to build insights, tie in merchant and supply chain operations, and effectively communicate to suppliers and leadership on recommendations. The position will work closely with operations, technology, finance, and business partners to translate supply chain challenges into data problems and use existing data to solve those problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Access and Integrate information/data from a variety of sources and bring it together into a structured environment for modeling solutions analytics and reporting
- Develop, maintain, and tune varying complex databases to ensure availability and integrity of data
- Automate integrations between data sources and processes to expedite availability of information, consistency in results, and minimize the cost structure to support the environment
- Deploy lightweight applications for moderately skilled users to be able to access the underlying data in a self-service nature for ad-hoc information requests
- Develop and automate the delivery of standardized reporting and dashboards to be used in Executive level presentations or distributed via email/mobile to end users
- Partner with the leadership team and the broader business community to stay abreast of current business concerns, potential opportunities, and information needs
- Partner with the broader supplier community to stay abreast of current business concerns, potential opportunities, and information needs
- Employ a variety of analytical techniques to discover, identify, and conclude analysis both reactively to leadership requests and proactively based on our own curiosity/desire to move the business
- Define and document core business metrics, definitions, and logic collaborating with the business teams and leadership
- Deliver analysis and findings to business teams…often through formal presentation
- Maintain knowledge and stays current of developments in the fields of technology, business intelligence, data warehousing, data science, and emerging technologies (machine learning, AI, etc.)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical experience with multiple technologies and discernment of which to apply in different environments and use cases is necessary.
- Ability to extract and integrate data leveraging technologies such as (Athena, Hadoop, BigQuery, SQL, ODBC, ETL Tools, Oracle, DB2).
- Familiarity with reporting / analytical apps such as (Power BI, Tableau, SAS, Cognos, Bus Objects)
- Ability to run statistical analysis and develop mathematical models to simulate business operations
- Knowledge of optimization techniques such as linear/integer programming
- Ability to define problems, collect data, perform analysis, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Familiarity with statistical analysis methods, AI type concepts, visualization techniques, etc. a plus
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of senior management, department heads, and the Finance/IT/Business teams
- Attention to quality, reconciliation, and accuracy are critical
- Creativity and vision to recommend ways to evolve our infrastructure, process, and analytic capabilities
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related required (Masters in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or Operations Research a plus); and
- 1-3 years of logistics systems / business analysis experience; or
- 1-3 years of merchandising systems experience;or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
?Benefits & Perks:?
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.?
Equal Opportunity Employer?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275?million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.? From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.?careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 2 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field OR 4 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Accounting - Regulatory, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Compliance, Finance/Accounting, Finance - Corporate, Financial Reporting, Master or Reference Data Management (MDM/RDM), Post Auditing, Private Banking, Retail Software Programs, Supervising Associates
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Internal Auditor - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
2914 Se I St, Bentonville, AR 72712-3148, United States of America