What you'll do...
Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providingpertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions;implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality,possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing root cause analysis toprevent future occurrence of issues; and reviewing and approving online documentation.Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partnering with business to definepriorities; identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Web Operations, ProjectManagement, Business and User Experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes tovalidate ideas.Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technicalsolutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes); writing and developing code; overseeing softwaredesign; reviewing unit test cases; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; directing project team and cross functionalteams; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provideinput on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating businessplans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuringprogress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based workenvironment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coachingfor success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction toothers in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with businesspartners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;
and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America