What you'll do...
Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the mostsuitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.Analytical Modeling: Selects the analytical modeling technique most suitable for the structured, complex data and develops custom analytical models.Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data.Defines and finalizes features based on model responses and introduces new or revised features to enhance the analysis and outcomes. Identifiesthe dimensions of the experiment, finalizes the design, tests hypotheses, and conducts the experiment. Perform trend and cluster analysis on data toanswer practical business problems and provide recommendations and key insights to the business. Mentors and guides junior associates on basicmodeling and analytics techniques to solve complex problems.Model Assessment & Validation: Identifies the model evaluation metrics. Applies best practice techniques for model testing and tuning to assessaccuracy, fit, validity, and robustness for multi-stage models and model ensembles.Model Deployment & Scaling: Supports efforts to ensure that analytical models and techniques used can be deployed into production. Supportsevaluation of the analytical model. Supports the scalability and sustainability of analytical models.Code Development & Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by using the recommended programminglanguage and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Test the code using the recommended testing approach.Data Visualization: Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Understands customer requirements to designappropriate data representation for multiple data sets. Work with User Experience designers and User Interface engineers as required to build frontend applications. Presents to and influences the team and business audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages throughbusiness and stakeholder understanding. Customize communication style based on stakeholder under guidance, and leverages rational arguments.Guide and mentor junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.Problem Formulation: Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies what methods (forexample, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem. Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstratehow the method would solve the business problem.Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases forprojects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns tooverall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends newprocesses and ways of working.Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice andguidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; andbuilding commitment for perspectives and rationales.Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying businessneeds; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing onimprovement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity byincorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting otherswith how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America