$43,998 - $53,776
Tess G, Recruiter at Gigzio
Got 13 people hired
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Senior Manager, Data Science of Sam’s Club Technology, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about creative, high-scale products that are driven by machine-learning to join the Data Science & Engineering group to lead a team of Data Scientists and AI Engineers.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
You’ll really wow us if…
• You’re experienced with operational research (OR), modeling, statistics, optimization, statistical modeling, neural network, and natural language processing
• You have experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and simulation, scenario & what if modeling
• You have experience with cloud environment including Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
• You’re proficient using database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
• You have strong experience in Mathematics and/or Stats.
• You connect the how and why, using your knowledge of data science theories and methodologies to derive the best approach that is fit-for-purpose
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, and integration testing
You’ll make an impact by…
• Engaging with stakeholders across Business partners, Product Managers and other engineering teams to identify opportunities and providing data science solutions.
• Creating and delivering innovative initiatives. Run Sprint/quarter and annual planning, and foster cross-team collaboration to execute complex projects
• Defining best practices and articulate a clear vision for how data analyses and model productionalization should be done
• Participating in hiring and developing top talents, provide technical and career development path to both scientists and engineers in the organization
What you’ll need:
• M.S or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Information Retrieval, Machine learning, Natural Language Processing, Statistics or related quantitative field
• 1-3 years of experience in managing a team of applied scientists and/or engineers as a tech lead or manager
• At least 5 years’ experience in building large-scale machine learning and AI solutions at Internet scale
• 4-6 years of using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, TensorFlow, torch)
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About the Team:
As a member of the of the Engineering group, you’ll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You’ll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you’ll be able to say that you work for the world’s largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Job ID: 1749008454586555402
DALLAS, Texas, 75217