What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. The Senior Manager 1, Supply Chain Management - Exits and Liquidations will own all aged product for exits and liquidations within the Fulfillment and Distribution Centers. This role will be responsible for leading product movement; controlling end to end process, including internal efficiencies, logistics, scheduling, analyzing data, creating cost savings and increased capacity throughout the network. This role will be in collaboration with merchants, suppliers, replenishment, supply chain, operations, and quality.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You understand the complexities of the Fulfillment Center network
- You have strong consulting skills and understand the macro level of business: where it’s going and how we partner to move the organization forward
- You’re detail oriented and analytical with ability to deep-dive problem areas
- You are stimulated by unique challenges and?excited?to engage at the Fortune 1 scale only Walmart can provide
- You’re organized and love creating processes and ways of working to help others be more organized and connected in their work
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re action oriented with strong execution skills
- You’re a high performer with strong operations skillset
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing end-to-end supply chain processes and ensures merchandise flow through the distribution network and fulfillment centers by directing resolutions and responding to escalations of daily issues ; analyzing data from multiple stakeholders to streamline and improve network efficiencies; providing data for the supplier compliance process flow; researching and analyzing root cause of daily and escalated exceptions concerning shipping,
receiving, inventory, and return related issues; conducting performance reviews of merchandising department, distribution centers , and suppliers.
- Improving supply chain execution by determining and approving a flow path channel from supplier to store to best fit sales, in-stock, and profit metrics; collaborating between supply chain stakeholders to ensure sales, in-stock, inventory, profitability, and strategy goals are achieved; tracking the movement and arrival of goods across the supply chain; developing and presenting recommendations to address conflicting goals; identifying
order exceptions, disruptions, and supply chain constraints that will impact supply chain execution; and developing and coordinating a resolution.
- Driving field-level direction and provides guidance for the execution of operations by acting as a liaison for the field; communicating operational expectations to suppliers and transporters; addressing performance related issues with stakeholders.
- Managing supply chain flow process improvement efforts by contributing to the design, development, and delivery of new ways of working between
supply chain stakeholders; prioritizing product flow plan objectives; ensuring flow plans are achievable; championing innovation to simplify current
solutions and methodologies ; managing the correction of errors processes and feedback loops; identifying areas of opportunity to improve service
levels; supporting the use of end-to-end costing methodology and lean concepts; providing cost recommendations to reduce process waste, and
provide opportunities for cost reductions and process efficiencies; and reviewing and analyzing the impact and benefits to internal processes.
- Overseeing relationships with external parties by serving as the main point of contact for external partners ; communicating expectations and
agreements to external partners; consolidating and communicating relevant findings and information to external stakeholders; leading audit processes
to ensure external partners comply with company standards and agreements; utilizing quarterly scorecards to measure and correct performance ; and
assisting senior leadership with the selection of service providers.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business
plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring
progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Providing supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work
environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching
for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to
others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business
partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;
and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Perks and Benefits
- Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
- Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
- Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 3 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related
area OR 5 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
2 years’ experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Dispatch, Fleet Management, Network Analysis, Retail Logistics Operations
Masters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply Chain
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America