What you'll do...
Walmart currently has an opening for an hourly uniformed position. In this role you will have the opportunity to observe and reports activities and incidents at assigned building. You will provide for the security and safety of associates. You will preserve order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. You will control access to site or facility through the admittance process. You will patrol assigned site on foot or in vehicle; check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
You will make an impact by...
- Supports the development and implementation of protocols, programs, and training by providing input; making recommendations for improvement of safety and security protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training, and security programs; ensuring compliance with Corporate Security protocols, SOPs, and company policy; updating and maintaining site-specific responsibilities; initiating the incident command system in emergency situations until relieved; and providing tactical response to emergency situations (for example, domestic violence, workplace violence, fire, severe weather, active shooter, chemical spill).
- Implements security systems and strategies (for example, compliance, crisis response, threat management, investigations, patrol, dispatch) by responding to alarm and intrusion detection system activation (for example, voice evacuation, panic/duress device, perimeter, motion/ground sensor); determining priorities of action in emergency situations; providing tactical security responses to life safety events and incidents (for example, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid) according to company guidelines; ensuring threats are reported and assisting with mitigation of identified threats; investigating reported corporate facility threats, allegations of policy violations, criminal activity, security breaches, and complaints; assessing visitor (for example, associates, guests, supplier, drivers, panhandlers) threat level; assisting with and escorting critical and valued information and merchandise (for example, legal files and documents, diamonds, mergers and acquisition documents).
- Ensures regulatory and corporate policy compliance (for example, Payment Card Industry (PCI), personally identifiable information (PII), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Fire Code, Life Safety) by addressing compliance-related issues; reporting and correcting violations (for example, eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, panic/duress alarms, egress and ingress routes); and implementing solutions to achieve compliance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners to promote a safe working environment by providing tactical emergency responses during life safety incidents (for example, fire, bomb threats, active shooter situations); providing customer service with internal (for example, Alarm Technicians, Asset Protection, Facility Management) and external (for example, law enforcement, regulatory agencies) groups; and reporting feedback from customers.
Nice to haves/preferred qualifications:
- Being available for Night Shift/alternating weekends
- Emergency Operations/Law Enforcement or Corporate Security Experience
- Previous dispatch experience a plus
- Ability to be flexible and multitask along with great customer service.
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 pm – 6:00 am with flexibility of potential weekends based on business needs.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Emergency Management, Risk Management, Homeland Security, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data Analytics, Microsoft Office
9029 DIRECTORS ROW, DALLAS, TX 75247-5322, United States of America