SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As a Vehicle Test Technician I, you will perform routine testing, and follow defined standard operating procedures and detailed instructions under the direction of the Supervisor, Testing Laboratory. You will be responsible for installing the engines or vehicles into the test cell, installing instrumentation, setting up the test control interface, and running the various measurement devices including exhaust emission analyzers. Then you will monitor the test, document the results, and report the results to engineers.
Afternoon Shift: 3:00pm-11:00pm
Salary - $20-30/hr based on experience
- Perform routine tests to confirm if the product (part or set of components) performs its proposed functions in a satisfactory manner
- Install and set up test articles, fixtures, test equipment, instrumentation, and controls
- Perform testing as instructed and records/logs testing results, communicates results to a higher-level Technician, Engineer, or Supervisor, as required
- Follow quality protocols and report discrepancies to the Supervisor
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance of equipment as assigned
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Increase technical knowledge, complete assignments, and maintain passing scores for the Safety curriculum
- Follows all company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and protocols
- Position may require applicate to work 2nd shift/weekends as a function of work-load, and testing requirements
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Certification in Automotive Technology (Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)), or Certified Electrician, or certification by Testing Technician Certification Institute (Preferred)
- Language Skills: English Intermediate level (Required)
- Mathematical Skills: Basic skills (Required)
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level required, uses logical and practical approach to solving problems (Required)
- Understanding of equipment startup and shutdown procedures (Required)
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing (Required)
- Acute attention to detail with a focus on improvement (Required)
- Ability to follow instructions, working in a dynamic environment and performing at a high level (Required)
- Ability to work independently and under direct supervision (Required)
- Team player attitude (Required)
- MS Office (Word, Excel) – intermediate user proficiency (Required)
- Stand: Constantly
- Move or traverse: Frequently
- Sit: Occasionally
- Use hands: Frequently
- Reach with hands and arms: Frequently
- Climb or balance: Occasionally
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: Occasionally
- Talk/hear: Constantly
- Taste/Smell: Constantly
- Lift/carry/push or pull: Frequently 50 lbs
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call ***** for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.