Veterinary Care Technician I - Jupiter, FL
Job No: 524503
Location: Palm Beach
Department: 37050300 - SR-VIVARIUM
Veterinary Care Technician I
The Veterinary Care Technician I reports to the Veterinarian. Provides veterinary care to a wide range of species of animals including (but not limited to) mice, rats, etc. Some animals may be experimentally infected. Employee may be required to be vaccinated to work with these animals or enter their rooms. Need excellent animal record keeping skills, interpersonal communication skills. This requires a basic knowledge of standards set forth by the USDA and the Natl Resch Council Guide for the Care & Use of Laboratory Animals. Some species are potentially aggressive and some may carry infections that are hazardous to humans or other animals.
- Performs activities relating to veterinary care as directed, including but not limited to: triage, assessment, treatment, sample collection, documentation, anesthesia and surgery support.
- Performs animal health treatments, ensuring clinical health records are complete and current.
- Assists with surgical and post-surgical monitoring and care assistance procedures.
- May assist in or perform teaching and training classes, wet labs and special training sessions for ARC staff, investigators and other customers.
- Provides technical assistance and support for ARC staff, investigators and other customers.
- Establishes working relationships and communicates effectively with University research staff and ARC staff.
- Processes incoming animals and assists in routine health maintenance and enrichment programs.
- Follows established protocols and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines concerning quality assurance and laboratory animal care and use.
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
Commensurate with experience.
Degree from an accredited veterinary technology program; or an associate's degree and one year of experience as a veterinary technician.
Veterinary Technician National Examination certification (VTNE) is preferred. Certification as Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) or above by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science will be required within 12 months of hire unless otherwise specified by supervisor.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See the Qualified Positions link on our applicant FAQs page for a list of eligible positions.
This is a time-limited position.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Health Assessment Required:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Health Assessment Required: $Health
Applications Close: $Closes
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/524503/veterinary-care-technician-i-jupiter-fl
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-3b882e798ba8f74bae763f67cc8c9c5e