Vice President of Sourcing and Supply Chain
We are working with a leading provider of medical instrument and IT mounting solutions for the healthcare industry. They have a unique understanding of the interaction between medical devices, users, and healthcare environments.
Their expertly engineered and customized products for original equipment manufacturers (OEM), provides an array of internationally recognized off-the-shelf products, customer service, and technical support to provide our customers with exceptional service.
The Vice President of Sourcing and Supply Chain will have full oversight of global procurement, logistics, planning and scheduling, and inventory control. You will be defining and executing the global sourcing strategy, building a top-tier team to execute, and develop and manage vendors to achieve sourcing goals. We’re looking for a hands-on, strategic leader that is able to collaborate and build consensus in an entrepreneurial fast paced, and explosive growth environment.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Develop, lead and execution on business model and global sourcing strategy
- Ensure growth plans are supported and capacity is secured
- Pursue a strategy that diversifies global risks that accounts for geopolitical, vendor performance, international supply chain, and ocean transportation risks
- Be highly process driven and continuously improve the supply chain and manage customer needs
- Lead key contract/pricing negotiations
- Drive daily performance accountability across all areas while reinforcing a team-oriented, customer-focused approach
- Develop an engaged and high-performing team. Provide clear direction and balanced performance feedback; coach, develop, and challenge direct reports
- Define, drive and monitor performance ensuring continuous improvement on KPI’s associated with Supply Chain and Procurement metrics
- Establish supplier management processes to ensure products are ordered on-time, suppliers understand and adhere to expectations, costs are minimized, supplier performance is tracked, and returns / quality issues are addressed
Additional Required Skills/Abilities:
- Degree in Business Supply Chain/Manufacturing/ Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 15 years supply chain experience, including international sourcing
- Proven leadership in sourcing and manufacturing
- Expertise in sourcing and managing steel fabrication in the machine shop environments, die casting, injection molding, etc.
- Ability to work cross-culturally and across time zones
- Ability to travel
- Experience with negotiations that produce extended value for all parties
- A collaborative and strategic leadership mindset — you consistently look to improve and problem-solve
- Knowledge of ERP system implementation