The VP, Payer Sales (Member Engagement, HQx) is responsible for leading a team of field sales executives whose focus is to maximize the value realization and other financial objectives for a specific set of CHNG products/solutions. The VP leads a team with an annual bookings target of $10+ million. The VP is responsible for developing and maintaining a team that ensures collaboration and coordination with Business Units, other Sales teams and Account Management to execute on the sales strategy. The VP will leverage the team to provide a collective voice of the customer to the aligned Business Unit in support of but not limited to areas such as how effectively the client is utilizing the solutions, assessing training and re-training needs, and identifying add-on/up-sell opportunities to enhance the solution. The team will support the product and service owners regarding new product features that tie to multiple client needs or pain points, capacity planning and overall client satisfaction. The VP will need to uncover and act on the competitive environment in their accounts as well as compile, analyze and provide insights on competitors.
Collaboration with Key Stakeholders
- Propose strategies, and influence the organization to embrace strategies, to grow net new and add-ons within segment and target key growth areas increase market share within segment
- Ensure strategic collaboration and coordination with Business Units, Sales Teams, and all internal partners to guarantee the best overall client experience
- Oversee regular joint strategic account planning and business reviews (roadmaps, innovation, etc. ) and tactical activities (governance, performance objectives, critical milestones) to ensure client needs and expectations are met.
- Proactively and continually assess, clarify and validate short term needs and long-term client objectives. Direct client to solution development efforts to address client needs.
- Understand how the client differentiates itself in markets and creates client value and how the CHNG portfolio can support/maximize their differentiation
- Serve as the single point of contact responsible for specific internal and external oversight of Payer market channel for segment area with retention and growth of the product lines as the primary objectives
- Act as the clients advocate within CHNG to ensure the client receives the appropriate amount of attention and added value. Develop long-term relationships with assigned clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders
- Facilitate the meeting of the key leader counterparts to deepen the overall relationship. Involve CHNG resources from the SLT to service delivery teams as needed to problem solve, collaborate and/or otherwise ensure client performance objectives and expectations are met
- Provide ongoing, accurate pipeline and forecast reports to Sales and ; Operations leadership team
- Lead, develop and maintain team of sales executives (both direct and indirect reports) who collaborate and coordinate with the Business Units, other Sales teams and Account Management and attain or exceed all assigned quotas for revenue (organic and ; retention)
- Drive accountability through robust OKRs and performance management practices
- Foster sales leadership competency and work to improve bench strength within the sales organization, including building pipeline, establishing development plans and mentoring individuals on the team to maximize their growth and potential
Responsibilities for Sales Executives who report to this leader include:
- Develop and execute against strategic account plans
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with C-Suite
- Develop understanding of accounts, identifying additional sales opportunities and engage Solution Specialists, as necessary
- Maintain understanding of the Change Healthcare solution portfolio within segment
- Gather key market intelligence, competitive profiling\\capabilities and client needs analysis
- Coordinate with Product and corporate Market Strategy groups to ensure competitive market position
- Provisioning of sales reports
- Maintain accurate customer records, sales and activity forecast
MINIMUM JOB Qualifications
Education / Training:
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree / MBA preferred
- Minimum of ten years sales experience with at least 7 years of progressive experience managing others and track record of quota achievement
- Leadership/management experience with experience guiding and developing others through periods of change preferred
- Payer Market Expertise with strong knowledge of sales methodology, territory planning, process optimization and data analysis
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership in Healthcare across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to senior technical and business decision makers
- Understanding of complex sales cycles at strategic level with capability to provide clear, balanced advice/counsel on a broad range of strategic and complex management, product and go to market issues
- Ability to develop and deploy the strategy that drives customer partnership, revenue growth and retention
- Customer centric with the ability to adjust plans and actions to meet changing market and/or customer needs and ability to put creative deals together to drive business growth
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to exceed goals with results-oriented style, high degree of analytical ability and proven problem-solving skills including ability to manage a team, recruit and retain top talent, build consensus, and rally members to achieve results
- Highly organized and proficient at executing when experiencing multiple competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an open, honest and direct communication style and ability to build relationships across an organization to accomplish goals
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce or other CRMs and healthcare information systems
- Willingness to engage in both tactical hands-on work and strategic work as needed to manage and complete priorities
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50 of the time
- Environment - Office environment, up to 50 travel required.
- Physical Requirements - Sitting, standing, walking, and using keyboard, mouse, computer and telephone
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ***** with Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.