Reporting to the Weld Process Manager, the Weld Process Instructor will be responsible for administrating the welding and technical training curriculum for the Crenlo Weld Department. The Weld Process Instructor will have a strong focus and emphasis on new hire training along with the training and development of the existing workforce. Additionally, the Weld Process Instructor will be the site/location lead in defining and implementing weld standardization and improvement processes.
- Provide the necessary training to new welders and qualify welders in appropriate levels.
- Support the Weld Process Manager in the testing and evaluation of all pre-hire weld assessments. Facilitate weld assessments as needed.
- Coordinate weld training with Weld department to ensure all new welders are qualified to perform welding to production standards.
- Support Weld department by providing training on the production lines to improve specific skills needed, reduce rework and to increase productivity of the weld lines.
- Responsible for re-qualifying incumbent employees to ensure that they are meeting current weld code and customer requirements.
- Act as the record-keeper of all internal weld training records and maintain all welder qualification records in WPS/WPQ (electronic records database) along with welder stamp records.
- Support the Weld Process Manager in developing the training curriculum for both new employees and incumbent employees to ensure that all employees are trained consistently across the organization.
- Conduct welder training courses to meet the demand of the weld department.
- Update and maintain all training related materials.
- Maintain the weld training lab and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Build and enhance partnerships with local technical colleges and high schools.
- Maintain compliance with Crenlo weld specifications and applicable AWS requirements.
- Support implementation of organizational initiatives to implement best practices across manual and robotic welding processes.
- Develop and maintain WPS and PQR documentation.
- Ensure that training, systems and documentation exists for manual and robotic weld processes.
- Collaborate with facility weld leads and other weld personnel to identify and implement best practices. Share best practices across Crenlo facilities.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and members of leadership.
- Strong leadership and communication skills that can drive a sense of common purpose and vision among the team.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to effectively train, coach and mentor employees on the production floor as well as in the classroom.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Individual and team problem solving skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education in a related field is preferred, but not required.
- CWI certification preferred. Must obtain CWI certification within twelve months.
- Requires at least ten (10) years of welding experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Work Hours/Status: 1st shift salaried-exempt, 40+ hours/week, Monday-Friday.
- Travel Requirements: Little to no travel required.
- Environment: This position is regularly exposed to noise, odors, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, hazardous substances, drafts, vibration, electricity, heights, and pinch point hazards.
- Physical Requirements statement(s)
- Typically requires standing, walking, and sitting on a regular basis. Approximately 60% of time will be spent on the production floor and the remaining 40% will be in an office.
- Specific vision requirements include depth perception and peripheral vision. Sustained visual concentration on numbers, policy documents, etc. while viewing small areas such as monitors and small screens.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law, compliance, trends, new technologies and best practices in areas of responsibilities.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and competencies required of this position. Employees are held accountable for all aspects for the job, which are subject to change at any time. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Crenlo, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Crenlo Engineered Cabs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, or veteran’s status.