- Reads and interprets blueprints and test sheets; gathers and organizes all parts in a logical building order.
- Determines appropriate work surface (table, saw horse, floor).
- Grinds parts as necessary in preparation for welding and finalizing.
- Sets welding gun to correct thickness; operates welding gun and plasma torch to weld and cut necessary holes.
- Produces quality welds on a variety of metals (mild steel, aluminum, stainless and galvanized steel), while operating in horizontal, vertical and overhead positions.
- Visually inspects work to ensure that all parts are correctly welded to TCF engineering and quality standards (no holes, splatter or incorrect measurements).
- Tags product; requests supervisor/team lead inspection of product.
- Operates forklift/bridge crane/pallet jack to deliver product to wash or blast booth.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line.
- High school diploma or GED
- 12+ months’ related experience and/or training (technical school) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Vocational technical school preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Welding Certificate(s) as needed
- Fall Protection Training
- Compressed Gases Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously lift/move up to 25 pounds; frequently life/move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally pull up to 100 pounds with wheels (pallet jack).
- Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist, and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles, caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety, and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment, nor is it an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. Qualifications are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.